Our current refugee policy is unsustainable, costly, and it is being abused by false refugees at our borders. This must end. The moral obligation of Canada’s government is to first help those in need among our own population, and then to give priority to real refugees.
A People’s Party Government Will:
- Accept fewer resettled refugees (see also Immigration policy).
- Take every measure necessary, in partnership with our American neighbours, to stop the flow of illegal migrants at the US-Canadian border.
- Declare the whole border an official port of entry for the purposes of refugee claims to send back to the US anyone trying to enter Canada illegally.
- Fence off the areas where illegal border jumping is prevalent, such as Roxham Road in Quebec.
- Rely on private sponsorships instead of having the government pay for all the costs of resettling refugees in Canada.
- Stop our reliance on the United Nations for refugee selection.
- Give priority to refugees belonging to persecuted groups who have nowhere to go in neighbouring countries. For example: Christians, Yazidis, and members of other minority religions in majority Muslim countries; members of the Ahmadi community, and other Muslims in these countries who are persecuted because they reject political Islam and adhere to Western values; and members of sexual minorities.
- Take Canada out of the UN’s Global Compact for Migration.